Thursday, July 29, 2010

The need for affirmative disclosure

I certainly hope that the one thing we call ALL agree on is that we need better transparency from government at every level. Evergreen Freedom Foundation just uncovered a cesspool of information that 68 different agencies in WA have been hiding. Can we please stand together on these issues of government transparency, left and right, liberal and conservative?



The title of this post refers to affirmative disclosure, which very simply means proactively releasing information. In other words, it means that government agencies put important information out there for citizens to see, without the citizens being forced to ask for it or file a Freedom of Information Act request. Wouldn't it be nice to have real transparency, rather than rhetorical transparency?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.