Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas, New Year's, Pigs and Sleazy News Dumps

Hello!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I had a wonderful holiday in Portland with my fiance's family. We went to see the Sherlock Holmes movie, and I LOVED it. It was fun. Pure fun. Which is rare these days with a Hollywood effort, so it was very much appreciated.

Not a lot to write about tonight. There are the usual suspects perpetrating the usual offenses, but I am not going to waste a lot of time commenting on them right now. It has been a very good week to just relax - though it was nice of the Obama administration to leak some unpleasant news on Christmas Eve (most transparent administration EVER!!) as well as the Christmas Eve news that Fannie and Freddie will give their execs huge bonuses... I wonder if SEIU and ACORN will send busloads of protesters to those exec homes as they did with the AIG execs. No. Of course they won't. I wonder if the Pay Czar will regulate the Fannie/Freddie bonuses and pay. No. Of course he won't. I wonder if Obama will feign outrage at the "outlandish" bonuses paid to Fannie/Freddie execs in light of them receiving so much taxpayer money the way he did with the Wall Street execs. No. Of course he won't. Silly me for asking such questions! Someone, quick, report me to the fishydissentisnolongerpatriotic@whitehouse.gov project!

Oh, also check out my sister's new blog, Fetching a Pig! (It's an Amish saying) She has some very close friends who are Amish, and she has spent time in their community. She is the sweetest person I know and does all sorts of sweet things like bake and cook and research natural remedies for illnesses. She is way sweeter than I could ever be... It's good to have someone so sweet in the family though. :) I'm really impressed with it, so take a look, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying it!

I'll be back with all sorts of rabble-rousing and events and ways to fight in the next few days. In the meantime, I'd like to say: Never give up. I say this all the time, but I really mean it. Never, ever, ever, ever, give up. Think about how disheartened oppressed people have been throughout history - but they never gave up. I don't care how cynical or depressing things seem to get, you must never, ever give it up. Do whatever you need to do to refresh and renew your strength. We are in this fight together, and every day I feel stronger because of each and every one of you.

Happy New Year to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout out to my blog! Wow! Thank you! You are equally as sweet as you say I am, if not more so :) I just hope to do as well with my blog as you have done! Although, I do feel like you are doing much more of a service than I ever could, and I am so proud of you!!!!!!! I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.