Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Website - No Cap and Trade!

This is an awesome site that a friend of mine just showed me. It is an anti-cap and trade (tax) website, and they are organizing a boycott of the companies that have thrown their full support behind something called, "Hopenhagen." Yes, I know, I laughed too. I do think there needs to be two entries for the word "hope" in the dictionary now. One for the real definition of hope, and one for the people who try to use that word to piggyback on to Obama's notion that he himself is hope, which means God knows what for the world.

Please spread the anti-cap and tax website around, as well as the boycott. I know you can't boycott everything on that list, but you can get quite a lot of them. For instance, I am a customer of Starbuck's. However, I do not have to be. There are plenty of other places to go to get my chai tea.

FYI, the opening message of Hopenhagen's website says something like, "On December 7, 2009, the world leaders will come together to decide the fate of our planet.."

This is too rich. So a large conference room full of people, some of whom are not really very good leaders of their own countries, think they have the power to determine the fate of an ENTIRE PLANET. Ha. Ahaha. Ahahahahahahahahhahaha.

If they succeed in their efforts to cripple mankind, technology, prosperity and a higher standard of living for all people, and they succeed in taking us back to the dark ages, so that Mother Earth may live peacefully once again, what are they going to say when a giant hurricane comes along and wipes out half the eastern seaboard after all their actions? Actually, I already know what they'll say, because it's the same sentiment that they use to explain why education is failing, and why the economy is failing, "we didn't do enough." It is the old story about a sick horse and some turpentine.

Lastly, on their mission statement page, there's this: "Hopenhagen is change – and that change will be powered by all of us." Hmmmmm... hope and change... well I guess the eco-tyrants think that if those two vague, rhetorical platitudes were enough to get the least experienced, least known candidate into the most powerful office in the world, then by golly, it just might work for them.

1 comment:

  1. It just occurred to me--is there any significance to the chosen date for Copenhagen--December 7?

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.