Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Congrats!

I just wanted to congratulate everyone who showed up on THREE HOURS notice to Swedish Medical Center yesterday to protest Nancy Pelosi and her health care DEform bill. I wasn't able to make it, but apparently there were about 50 people there, two of whom tried to gain entrance into the private meeting that had been billed as a public "press conference."

They were thrown out, and as one of them, an elderly woman with cancer who gets treated at Swedish, tried to yell out a question to Pelosi she was dragged from the area and made to sign a statement from the police promising to never return to Swedish! So the lesson is, don't try to ask a democratically elected official an uncomfortable question or the police might ban you from the hospital where you receive treatment for your cancer. Hopenchange!

Another protester that has press credentials was let into the room and he has footage here. He says:
A reporter from KOMO4TV NEWS asked Pelosi why people will be faced with a $250k fine or go to jail for refusing to buy health insurance. She failed to answer and he asked it again and the same results. I later asked him about it and he said it was a fair question and deserved an answer. Simply amazing, these elite politicians are pure snakes. Looks like KOMO was the only guys to come out to our protest and shoot footage.

I haven't watched the footage yet, but I will later today.

So, to everyone who did their very best to either spread the word or get there, THANK YOU!

What do I always say? When we show up, we win.

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? I can't believe they could get away with that! Please tell me that the people who made her sign were not real police officers, or that if they were, they've been reprimanded and the order rescinded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable!!! I wonder if the footage made the evening news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I could plan going to jail as part of my retirement planning. I wouldn't have to cook or do laundry. I could take a stack of books and catch up on reading. Seriously, I wonder if Washington, the state, could opt out of the health care plan through initiative.

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.