Ready for the rematch??
What: Counter rally against HR 3200, a public option, and any more government intrusion into our health care and our lives. It is a rally for health care reform that allows for increased freedom and liberty, using the free markets to lower the cost of health care.
Where: 4th and Pine, downtown Seattle. We will be on the north side of Pine, across Pine from Westlake Park, where their rally is located. It will be a similar set up to last time, in front of the Starbuck's.
When: Thursday, September 3rd
Time: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Don't be nervous if no one is there yet. People have to come from work and find parking, so be patient.)
Info: Parking is usually difficult in downtown Seattle, but it might be easier as this is after work hours. If you can though, carpool or take public transportation. Click here for Metro (bus) and here for the light rail.
Okay, so I think we've done a great job at highlighting the awfulness of Obamacare. Now is the time for the big blitz about alternative health care reform bills that have been introduced. I think that we can kill HR 3200 and its companion in the senate, and a public option, if we force them to actually debate other bills (like Ron Paul's) and we hold their feet to the fire. If we start putting the other bill numbers and names on our signs, we'll start getting press for them. See, I have no doubt that 90% of Americans have no idea that any Republicans have introduced any version of reform. Let's get that message out.
So here are my sign ideas for all future rallies and events, including tonight's. Take what you will and change it however you would like. Just try to start naming these other bills. I've linked to the bills I am naming in the sign suggestions below. Lastly, I haven't had time to read these other bills, except Ron Paul's because it's only seven stinkin' pages (but the whole thing refers to the tax code so you have to cross-reference a lot) but the point is to force them to look at other bills. Be the marketing that the Republicans don't have.
The bills I am referencing below are:
Coercion is Not Health Care Act, HR 2629
Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act, HR 1495
Patients' Choice Act, HR 2520 (Go here or here for the actual text and here for the summary.)
Empowering Patients First, HR 3400
Health Care Freedom Act, S. 1324 (Go here for the actual text and here for a summary.)
- Coercion is Not Health Care Act (HR 2629): Keep America mandate free!!
- Liberty and justice for all! Pass the Coercion is Not Health Care Act (HR 2629)
- You want options?? How about debating the Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act (HR1495)??
- Real reform can't wait! Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act (HR1495)!!
- Hey Pelosi: we want comprehensive health care reform!! HR 1495!!
- The Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act (HR 1495) is only SEVEN PAGES!! Even Jim McDermott could read that!!
- HR 3200 = 1100 pages, HR 1495 = 7 pages. Less pages = less government intrusion = less waste.
- WE WANT CHOICE! The Patients' Choice Act (HR 2520)
- I'm pro-choice (about health care) and I vote! The Patients' Choice Act (HR 2520)
- Listen to my voice! I want a choice! The Patients' Choice Act (HR 2520)
- Reform, don't transform!! We want the Health Care Freedom Act (S.1324)!
- Liberty and justice for all! Pass S.1324 - the Health Care Freedom Act!
- Empowering Patients First! HR 3400!!
- Stop empowering politicians and special interests! Start empowering patients! Vote for HR 3400!
SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!