Friday, July 17, 2009

Health Care Battle: Post #2

To read Health Care Battle: Post #1 click here.

As most of you know, I am a very action oriented person. I just can't sit around and watch things happen around me. I get way too frustrated and furious. I have found out that Organizing for America (OFA) is starting a canvassing campaign this coming Monday. All across the nation the Ozombies will go out into the neighborhoods to hand out flyers and get people to sign the President's "3 Principles" of health care - never mind that they never say anything about actual legislation or consequences. Nope, just the principles. Sounds pretty hopeychangey to me, and we all know how successful that crud was. We may be in trouble.

Do not fret my friends! There is hope - REAL hope. I have an idea. Why don't we canvass these neighborhoods right before the Obots get there?? Their plans are all out there for us to see. Let's use their technology and organization against them. I just got this idea this morning, so stay tuned for a more cohesive plan. I will post on that as soon as possible.

Our chance of success is completely dependent upon how many of us get off of our butts, get out of our comfort zones, and hit the streets to, as they say, change hearts and minds. If we don't, then we can't complain when the newest Czar tells you your choices are assisted suicide or a slow, painful death 'cuz you ain't getting any care.

2 comments:

  1. Attended the Bellevue, WA event at 9:00 am and noon. About 30 people turned out. Clearly these types of events are out of my zone of comfort..but everyone is so nice and committed to making a difference. We need to do this every week so that we can reach more people. Liberty Belle you are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this:
    July 28
    National Day of Action for Health Care Rally
    10:00 AM
    Federal Building, Seattle (Seattle, WA)

    Sounds like a good time for a counter-protest. Tuesday morning? Don't these people have jobs?!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.