I have a lot of info so I am breaking it into manageable chunks. Stay tuned for the rest!
Way to go patriots! Here in WA State we had citizen activists at every single office of every federal legislator from our state!! Congratulations! And a special congratulations to Everett where 200 patriots came out to show their opposition to rationed, poor quality, and expensive health care - a.k.a. government run health care!
1. If you have pictures from your event, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You MUST keep calling, emailing, and faxing your opinions to Congress, especially committee members and legislator's who are on the edge. Keep asking them if they will pledge to use the same crappy system they are forcing us to use. Don't waste your time with those that are fully committed to ruining our health care.
- List of legislators and phone numbers, including Blue Dog Dems here
- Health care talking points here
- Questions to ask your legislators when you call, email, fax, or visit in person here
- Very important! Record results from your phone calls/faxes here!
- Protest sign ideas here
3. I had the opportunity to take part in a very short conference call with Rep. McMorris Rodgers and Rep. Reichert a few days ago, and Reichert shared some very important information. During the committee hearings on health care, each side is allowed to bring "witnesses." But guess what. The minority party is allowed ONE witness for every FIVE of the majority party's witnesses! So when they air the hearings it appears as though everyone is testifying in support of socialized medicine.
Now for something TOTALLY DISTURBING:
I tried to enter the Federal Building here in Seattle to drop off letters to Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell and I was not allowed to enter because I didn't have photo I.D. with me (I had left my purse in the car.) My question: why is a photo I.D. required to enter federal property, which I partially own through my taxes, but you do not need a photo I.D. to VOTE?