Monday, July 6, 2009

Bachman and Civil Disobedience

Via I Own the World, an incredible speech by Representative Bachman. I don't know much about her yet, but this piqued my curiosity so I will be researching her further.



Representative Bachman is also the legislator that announced she would not be answering any Census questions other than number of people in her household. Honestly, this is the type of civil disobedience I would love to see the Tea Party movement support. There is no reason for the government to know anything more than the size of the population. Think about it. The only reason for any of the of other stats are purely political. Some of them might be interesting, but not necessary. No, politicians want to know what group to pander to next, and which Balkanized groups they can exploit further. Interestingly, the Census doesn't seem to ask about citizenship, as though that doesn't matter. 

However, according to the Census website, the data, "... are used to distribute Congressional seats to states, to make decisions about what community services to provide, and to distribute $300 billion in federal funds to local, state and tribal governments each year." And yet they don't ask about citizenship??!! So illegals get to be counted and their numbers will aid in determining our Congressional distribution as well as disbursement of federal funds. That must completely fly in the face of sovereignty and our Constitutional rights as citizens and legal immigrants. I'm with Rep. Bachman on this one, and I think everyone should think about how they will be answering those Census questions come 2010. 

2 comments:

  1. Rep. Bachmann is a great conservative! She often appears on Fox News to express her frank comments on things she is upset about, such as the census having too many invasive questions and Acorn being involved. She is considered controversial, but that's because she is passionate about her beliefs and isn't afraid to speak up. She is my favorite female conservative (sorry, Sarah :-) ).
    Here is her website:
    http://bachmann.house.gov/Biography/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bachmann is the best! And I'm following her lead...or I might answer the questions so dizzingly they will think I should be in a state hospital. Going to mess with my freedoms, I'm going to mess up their game!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.