Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sotomayor is a RACIST and So Are Those Who Vote for Her

I'm sorry, I had to do this last minute post before bed tonight:

Sotomayor is a flaming RACIST. I will say it over and over again, and so should you. 

Sotomayor is a RACIST.
Sotomayor is a RACIST.
Sotomayor is a RACIST.
Sotomayor is a RACIST.

As someone who has Hispanic blood, I am deeply and truly offended and disgusted by her comments.
I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life.
Mis abuelos must be rolling over and vomiting in their graves. They were proud of their heritage, history, family, and background, but they never in a million years would have ever thought like this pitiful excuse for a judge thinks. They taught my mother and my aunt about self-responsibility and self-reliance. They encouraged them to reach for the stars, even knowing that for their poverty stricken family, that it would take a great amount of extra work and commitment. My grandparents were not educated past the third grade; my grandfather built their humble one bedroom family home, which still stands today, out of adobe; both my grandfather and grandmother worked long hours as physical laborers, and they still somehow managed to raise two intelligent, successful women - "latinas" - who have never complained ONCE about the extra hardships they faced, and women - Americans - who never ONCE exploited any of this for personal gain.

I hope you can feel the spit on this post because I am spitting angry. I am sick of the left being open racists and bigots and yet claiming the moral high ground somehow. They should all be utterly and embarrassingly ashamed of themselves for judging people based on their race and/or their gender. I hope that when the useful idiots in the media and in politics look in their mirrors when they get home that they can see the faint halo of a white hooded sheet, because they are no better than those animals. And you can quote me on that.


3 comments:

  1. Nice one, Libby.

    Same problem I have with my current challenger about gay marriage - why do those who wallow and relish in sin and wickedness get to lecture those of us who obey the rules and try to live responsibly, ESPECIALLY about ethics? Should Jesus have been accountable to Satan? Democrats should be the spat-upon party regarding race. It was their party that blocked the desegregation of American society. It was their southern wing who refused to let black students into universities. It was their party who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It was their party who bequeathed us J. William Fulbright, George Wallace, Robert Byrd and Strom Thurmond. And it is their party that tries to keep minorities dependent on welfare and social programs, instead of cutting government and taxes so they can keep more of their money and expand their own lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sick of racists being encouraged and celebrated as long as they aren't white. It's hypocritical and disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to be a Latina to be offended by Sotomayor's comments. Just human.

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.