Monday, February 16, 2009

The Seattle Action Network

If you were not at the rally or didn't have a chance to sign up for the action network that I will be running, you can get on the email list by emailing me at redistributingknowledgeATgmail.com. Put "Action Network" in the subject line and your name in the body of the email. You don't have to live in Seattle, you can sign up if you just want to be aware of, and connected to, other events happening in the country, but the email list is to primarily create a network of people that can come together in the Seattle area. NO ONE will have access to these email addresses except for me, and I will only email you if there is a rally/event planned or a piece of WA or Seattle legislation (and important federal ones as well) that we need to act upon in some fashion, i.e. calling campaign, etc.

I'm thinking of calling our action network "The Seattle Sons and Daughters of Liberty," based on the people of the same name who were the first to rebel against the British in colonial times. Their motto was the famous "no taxation without representation," and so shall it be ours.

10 comments:

  1. I have been waiting to find an American like you for years. We need more like you, and Thomas Jefferson and Adam Smith and..... You want to stir up some trouble for the power mongers? Lets DO This. Conservatives spend too much time sitting around writing really good zingers and talking a good line but not doing anything. Most of us avoid confrontation with the enemy here in Seattle because, lets face it, we stand to lose our friends, the respect of our co-workers and the good will of our families. We are surrounded here and we have gone into hiding - well NO MORE. It is time to stand up, be heard, be counted and when the time comes...move to Texas when they secede. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH OH OH can we call our protests 'Tea Parties'? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL. I just moved here a few months ago-- and am thoroughly appalled. I would have been at the protest were it not for a sick toddler. Sign me up-- I'll send you an email. I have a blog-- its readership is tiny, but anything along the lines of protests, calling campaigns, etc., I'll put up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see the rally on TV. I'm a Chicago Crunchy Con and I enjoyed watching so many conservatives, independents, etc., finally get out and rally about "something." Rallying shouldn't be the domain of liberals and leftists. On another note, I saw your booklist below, I recommend you read, "The Average American," by Kevin O'Keefe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liberty Belle, RIGHT ON!!! YA DONE GOOD!!!

    Makes me want to organize something here in NC. Hey, I have a little spare time, say, between midnight and 4 AM . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just heard you on Laura Ingraham's show major kudo

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are interested in replacing Patty Murray with a true conservative please check out my website www.realchange2010.org. I am trying to get my name out there. Wayne J Glover

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I am so glad I found you! You inspire me. I have been sitting here in my midwestern small town wondering what I can do to get people fired up about the crap our government is doing to us. I feel so helpless sometimes. It's so nice to see that someone, somewhere is actually doing something! :) I am adding you to my blogroll. And can I have the Scarlet Letter C too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! I'm really sorry I didn't know about it in time to participate. I just posted a comment about the lack of publicity for the event (as TrueRedHead) on the Seattle Times site. See their article "More of economic-rescue plan to be unveiled".

    Do you know if Glenn Beck is aware of the various protest groups? If Michelle Malkin is on board, he probably knows too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for speaking out on Laura's program today. I've signed up and am ready to join the next protest!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.