Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Last Thoughts for the Day Before Sleep

I wanted to make sure that everyone who has signed up for the action network knows that I am 100% committed to keeping our momentum going. You may or may not believe this, but I have over 200 people signed up so far, and every few minutes I get a new one. Many of you heard me on Laura Ingraham's show today, but since I won't be doing any more radio for some time (I'm assuming), make sure to tell your friends and family to sign up as well. Due to the large number of people, and me having a full-time day job, it will probably take the entire weekend to type in all of the rally email addresses and get everything together. However, expect the inaugural email for The Seattle Sons & Daughters of Liberty: A Seattle Action Network on Monday. I'm setting a deadline for myself to make sure I stay focused, and be forewarned, we've already got A LOT on our plate!! I'm also taking all of the suggestions emailed, or posted here, to heart; including the suggestion of protesting outside news stations if necessary. How exciting, no?

For your reading and learning enjoyment (remember, I am a teacher) I am linking to a few random "how to grassroots organize" websites, which of course are all pretty leftist, but I have no problem learning my opponent's tactics and subsequently using those tactics against them.

(I simply typed "how to grassroots organize" into a search engine and these were four of the kajillions of results. Feel free to peruse at your leisure. Disclaimer: I do not know who the people are who put these sites up, I don't know what they are about, so therefore I do not endorse anything they say. I just thought they had some good tips on organizing. Whew.)

Debating Tip for the Day: when debating a liberal, be sure to ask them a lot of questions. I, and other conservatives I know, always end up underneath a barrage of questions and we never get to test our opponent's depth and breadth of knowledge if we are always defending our own. So, make sure to ask open ended questions...
"How does ... work?"
"How will ... get funded?"
"Are there any alternatives to ... ?"
"What are some examples of when ... was successful?"
"Do you have some sources so I can verify your ... ?"
And so on and so forth. Don't let them corner you without them ever having to pony up some explanations of their own. Believe me, this works. They usually always fold under this kind of pressure, and if they don't, then you can actually have a nice conversation or debate, especially if you've got your facts and supporting arguments in order.



  1. Where applicable, be sure to directly reject the premise of their question. Most questions posed by Interventionists are based on the assumption that government intervention CAN help and that we simply don't want to for various reasons. Directly hitting that assumption can turn the discussion in your favor quickly.

    "You'd do nothing about the economy?" or "You'd do nothing about health care?" can be turned around by noting that the assumption that government intervention CAN do anything positive is unfounded and you reject it. DOING something - you might add - when it can only make the situation worse is a horrible idea. Most Interventionists I talk to have ZERO support for that particular assumption, so having it challenged throws off all their other arguments.

    Anyway, keep up the good work!!

  2. Thanks for your efforts in organizing the Seattle Action Network. I look forward to what we can all do together!

  3. As I weep over the news on a daily basis, I am crying out for likeminded souls. Can we do another rally? Can we form a support group? We are at the door of the greatest depression and Nero is not only fiddling but pouring gas on a burning Rome. Anyone with me?


I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.