Saturday, February 28, 2009

GRRREAT TURNOUT TODAY!!! MEDIA NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!

First the good news: we had roughly 300 people show up today in downtown Seattle to protest the immoral wealth redistribution policies being shoved down our throats! We called Senator Patty Murray's office, from the protest and let her know how we felt about her votes, by leaving her a message with 300 people booing. It was amazing and beautiful. She is up for reelection in 2010 and I do believe it is time to send her packing. In fact, there is a doctor named Sean Salazar who will be running against her, so we should start helping him out NOW.

We collected hundreds of tea bags, and we are deciding between sending them off to Washington D.C. or possibly dumping them at the Federal building on Jackson for Patty and Maria to see. If we choose the latter, then I would like to make that an event by itself.

We also collected so many more names for our network, so we are growing ladies and gents, we are growing. 

The bad news: out of all of the local news stations, I know for sure that KOMO was there, but I have yet to see any sort of story or footage. There was another camera guy there with a big camera, but I don't know where he was from. However, everyone I have talked with has told me that they have not seen ANYTHING in any of the local news casts. If you have seen something, please leave a comment here, or if there is something online, leave a link in the comments. If it turns out that they TOTALLY IGNORED US, then I am going to be livid. We sent them official press releases and called them the morning of the protest at 8:30 am. They knew. They knew.

The numbers of the news stations are listed over to the right and I encourage EVERYONE to call them and demand to know why they ignored a press release, a phone call, and a national movement that drew tens of the thousands of people all across the nation, in only the fifth week of this administration. DO NOT let them dictate what is worthy of that oh so fickle and capricious title of "news."

Zach Peterson took some footage here, and another man sent me a link with some photos here.
Enjoy! 

Question: what was your favorite part about today's protest????

I'm exhausted. :)

G'night!

12 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, i'am sure this movement is going to grow. It is about time. I did see some news footage on Neil Covoto (Fox News Network) Some of the other networks don't want people to know whats going on, but they will, they will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I just scoured the KOMO website and saw no stories about the Tea Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I scoured the KOMO website and saw no news links to the Tea Party.
    :-(
    I emailed KOMO, KIRO, and KING to ask why no coverage.
    Too bad, as I wasn't able to go and would have liked to see the TV coverage. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for organizing Settle's part of this nationwide event. I find the press coverage very lacking. I just heard a small story on FNC about the San Diego (350 people) event with a tag at the end about 40 other cities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment was posted on http://otp2009.ning.com/group/washingtonstateteaparty

    "That was great! Thank you for organizing this! I just saw a 15second report with video on King 5 news at 5:35pm! I am so glad to see other people who care about their liberty here! This is long overdue!"

    So MAYBE a "15 second" clip?? Disgraceful!!

    I'll be posting links for some nationwide reports on the Unite4Liberty Network. Check there later today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were on King 5 news last night. About a 30 second blip in the 5:30-6:00pm broadcast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    I am an independent video journalist and would like to know when/where you have the next protest. I am with you on this.

    Best,
    Dean Cannon
    deanstr@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here are a couple more links to good pictures of the tea party. It was fun!

    http://rightwingerz.com/?page_id=1961

    Links to photos from this post:
    http://soundpolitics.com/archives/012647.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear there were so many people there! I hope to make the next one.

    Seattle media...what do you expect? Only if you riot will they bother to report it. But I know that's not our conservative style! How about holding the next party on KOMO's front door!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least KIRO responded to the email I sent them, asking why they didn't come to report on the Tea Party. Here is their email response to me tonight:
    "Thanks for taking the time to email.
    We had planned on going, but breaking news intervened."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also livid about our government and sad that I missed the tea party. It is high time that we do something! I can't wait for politicians to live under the laws they pass for the rest of us. Could this ever happen? Thank you for the site and the information. I have never gotten involved before, but enough is enough and I'm tired of being quiet.

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.