Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Alerts: Universal Healthcare, Gun Bans, Immigration, and Jew-Hating Academics!

I don't have too much time to write up an analysis for each of these links, but they are important so I will leave them here for you to peruse at your leisure.

1. Healthcare: The Democrats and the Obama administration are ALREADY going for it. I kid you not. This will soon become an official action alert item, but you can certainly get on your phone and your computer NOW. It is H.R. 193 and it is universal healthcare ladies and gentlemen, right at our doorsteps. Read as much of this bill as you can so that you are informed. We need to fight this starting immediately. What are you going to do about it?

Read the bill, stay informed and contact congress and the president with your opinions. Or hold a protest!!
Capitol Switchboard:(202) 224-3121
White House: (202) 456-1414

2. Not only is the above "Americare" coming to suck your blood, but there are other aspects of the healthcare debate, debacle, scam, what have you. Read and weep: (Feb. 26th) here, (Feb. 24th) here, and (Feb. 23rd) here. What are you going to do about it?

Read the above documents, watch the videos, stay informed and contact congress and the president with your opinions. Or hold a protest!!
Capitol Switchboard:(202) 224-3121
White House: (202) 456-1414


3. Washington State Alert: House Bill 2264 proposes to place severe restrictions on gun show sales and your ability to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights (Hat tip: Cassie). We must stay on top of these numerous assaults on our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to keep and bear arms; to protect our families from criminals, including those in elected positions. What are you going to do about it?

Find your state representative's contact information here and make your voice heard.

4. This group, Respect Washington, is trying to get enough signatures for I-1043, an initiative that would force/allow WA State law enforcement entities to actually follow the Federal immigration laws that are already on the books. It advocates simple things like, making sure employers are using already existing verification systems to ensure their employees are legally allowed to work in the US. Remember, if they are not legal or documented, they are not paying taxes, and yet they still use public services. This is a total scam and is another example of some people paying more than their fair share, while others pay none. What are you going to do about it?

Find your state representative's contact information here and make your voice heard. On February 28th, 2009 the petition will be available online for you to sign or print out and help collect signatures.

4. UNREAL. The staggering, and I mean staggering, amount of hate towards Israel and Jewish people in general b-l-o-w-s my mind. At San Francisco State University, the administration and half the student body are living in an alternate universe of hate, hypocrisy, and self-delusion. I was speechless for a few minutes (hard thing to do) after reading this article by Richard L. Cravatts over at American Thinker yesterday. You MUST read the entire thing. It's disgusting and will raise your blood pressure. Allow me to tell you all a short story about one of the times I resided in Europe. I was speaking to a European who, at just around 5 months after 9/11, told me that he thought the US deserved to be attacked. In the spirit of debate (hardest thing I ever had to do - not hit him) I asked him how in the world that could be. The following is the rest of the conversation:

Him: Well, it's your country's foreign policy.
Me: Can you be more specific? Which part exactly?
Him: Your support of Israel.
Me: I am very proud that my country supports Israel, especially as we are the only nation that will.
Him: You know why your country supports them, right?
Me: (very sarcastically) No, I don't, why don't YOU tell me why MY country supports Israel.
Him: Because "The Jews" run everything.
Me: Excuse me?
Him: "The Jews" run everything.

He went on for a couple of minutes about how "The Jews" ran the world, had all the money, and were basically the reason for all unhappiness and injustice in the world. Suffice it to say, Liberty Belle had to basically be removed from the room in order to protect this young man and take him to safety. And now this ROT has infected our countrymen and women, particularly our college aged citizens. It's pathetic and disgusting and makes me burn with anger. Almost literally. Almost. Are you going to let little fascist, nazi academics turn the US into yet another Jewish hating country??? No? What are going to do about it?

Call these San Francisco State University phone numbers and tell them TO STOP allowing violence and hate against Jewish students on their campus (remember to be civil, as we are the ones with class - but let them know they cannot continue to get away with this). Let's inundate them with phone calls from around the country:

Dean of Students: (415) 338-2032
Deans Office: (415) 338-1571

Show your support for SFSU's College Republicans who have tried to combat this practically by themselves and have received nothing but grief for it. Go here and leave them a supportive message.





2 comments:

  1. HR 2264 would only ban face to face transfers of firearms between private citizens at gun shows.

    So if I'm at a gun show, and I want to transfer my gun to you, I have to give it to a dealer and have the dealer run the background check on you.

    However I can still sell you whatever you want without a background check if we're sitting in the parking lot of a Home Depot... So now I'll just put a post in the hometown forums at www.ar15.com (or some other gun forum) saying "I want to sell my handgun" instead of going to a gun show. That way we can do it without paper, without paying $5 to get into the gun show, and without paying an FFL $25 to do the transfer.

    What exactly is this bill supposed to accomplish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. left of communism is Obamunism. Disgraceful. I'm with Rush-- I hope he fails because his failure equals our success.

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.