Sunday, January 25, 2009

Conservatives Coming Out of the Closet - So to Speak

My first thought is that we are not organized enough to complete the "revolution" our country so desperately needs again. I think the reason why we are not is due to the fact that many Republicans and Conservatives live in the shadows, especially those of us that live in very liberal cities. I myself am in a mecca of radical liberalism. It wasn't until I saw the threat to our liberty embodied in one man, yes, Barack Obama, that I decided that I could no longer stay quiet. The funny part is that as I slowly "came out" to my theater friends and old school friends, a few other people started to "come out" with me. That's when I realized that we have bought into the Democrats and mainstream media's lies that we are somehow alone in our opinions, or strange, or dinosaurs who need to progress, etc. BUT WE ARE NOT!!! There are tens of millions of us, if not more. I think if we chose a day to show the world, scary coworkers be damned, that we exist and we are just as passionate about the direction of our country, that we could maybe finally find each other. We need to find our voices, and we need to use them!!

So what if we picked a day to all "come out?" How would you feel if you were walking down the street in your normally liberal city and you saw a whole lot of conservatives? Imagine how much stronger you would feel, immediately! I know I would. I made up a little design - a big C with this written beneath: " Freedom. Liberty. Family. Conservative." To me, those are the main tenets that should make up our party. We need to bring family to the forefront because that is where our freedom is born and either encouraged to thrive or squashed. What if we made buttons with this (or a similar) logo and we all wore them on a predetermined day?

If you read this post, let me know what you think of this idea. It is just one idea to try to bring us together as a cohesive group, and to stand up against those that use our silence to spread lies.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. I like it a lot. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! I'm a reformed liberal who has embraced the conservative ideals my husband has had, finally, after nearly 20 years. I feel like I'm awake for the first time. Whatever you need...you just ask. I live outside of Nashville.

    I read about your protest on Michelle Malkin's site. GREAT JOB!!!! I posted it on FB and told people to take suit and follow! I've got a lot of GOOD conservative friends with alot of smarts and kind hearts who are absolutely FED up!

    Consider us new friends and feel free to email me, blog me, FB with ideas on what to do to get this movement going!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, including offensive speech, and especially political speech. Comments that are left on my blog do not necessarily represent my views nor do I necessarily endorse them. I am not responsible for other people's views or comments. That is how the 1st Amendment works.